Getting enough protein in your diet is the secret to a supercharged metabolism because protein FEEDS lean muscle.
Lean muscle is responsible for a strong posture, and lean muscle burns 3 times as many calories at rest as fat.
This means that the more lean muscle you have the more calories you burn…so if you want to get or stay lean you MUST make protein a priority.
There’s something about those pizza flavours that are irresistible. Of course, we have to watch how often we eat pizza since it is high in processed carbs and fats and too low in fibre and protein.
Enter these incredible Pizza Boats!
Enjoy ALL the pizza flavours that you LOVE without the crust! It’s really fun to have a make-your-own pizza boat night with the kids!
What you need
2 spaghetti squashes
olive oil spray
1 pound loose Italian chicken sausage
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
½ red onion, diced
4 ounces pepperoni slices, nitrate-free
2¼ ounces sliced black olives
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Spray lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Lay the squash, cut side down, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
3. In a large pan over medium heat, brown the chicken sausage. Drain any oils off and then add the spaghetti sauce. Mix to combine, heating it through for 5 minutes.
4. Loosen the spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Divide the sauce between each squash and top with 25% of the mozzarella, bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, and olives.
5. Place the pizza boats back into the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 384 calories, 12g fat, 18g carbohydrate, 7g sugar, 818mg sodium, 6g fibre, and 27g protein.