Judge the food that you eat based on how nutritious it is…
How full of vitamins, minerals, fibre, and protein is it?
Does it contain vital nutrients in each bite?
Be picky about what you eat and avoid those items that aren’t crammed with nutritional purpose.
This recipe has a scrumptious, nutty flavour that will make you forget all about traditional noodles. Feel free to serve with some sliced chicken breast, sliced hard-boiled eggs or steak for added protein. Enjoy!
What you need Servings: 4
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon almond flour
4 large courgettes, peeled with a veggie peeler
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
1 Tablespoon minced parsley
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, about two minutes. Add the coconut oil, and once it’s melted, add the almond flour and a pinch of salt.
2. Stir often with a wooden spoon, until it’s toasty brown, about two minutes. Remove crumbs from the pan and save for garnish.
3. In the same pan, add the peeled courgettes noodles. Sauté them until just tender, about one to two minutes. Turn heat to low.
4. In a new pan on low heat, combine olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring with a spoon until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
5. Transfer the courgettes noodles to garlic and oil mixture. Toss and stir until coated.
6. Turn off the heat and add parsley, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle with almond flour crumbs before serving. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 165 calories, 12g fat, 72mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 6g protein.