Problem with Your Diet ?
Most people who are unhappy with their bodies are really only holding on to a few bad habits. Once these destructive habits are identified and then replaced with healthy habits their body naturally transforms from one that they loathe to one that they are proud of.
In other words, to get the body that you want simply determine your unhealthy habits and replace them with healthy ones. Here are the most prevalent unhealthy habits:
- The habit of inactivity. Failing to exercise on a consistent basis is one of the most destructive obstacles for your health and figure. (The key word here is consistent. If you aren’t exercising at least 3-4 times each week then you own this habit.)
- The habit of overeating. Consuming calories in excess of your daily calorific needs is one of the main reasons that more adults are overweight today than ever before.
- The habit of empty calories. Filling your diet with foods that hold little to no nutritional value is a great way to expand your waist. (Hint: if a food item is made up of mainly sugar and/or fat consider it ’empty’ calories.)
You can lose weight and improve both your appearance and your health.
You can look and feel great.
You can transform yourself into the person that you’ve always wanted to be.
Don’t let another day go by that leaves you a slave to unhealthy habits. Take action now. Call or email me today and together we will recreate your lifestyle and redefine your body.
By the way, I should mention another deadly habit that destroys too many people’s dreams. The habit of procrastination.
How many times have you told yourself that you will start eating healthy tomorrow? How many times have you promised that you would call me to start your personal training program? Each day that you succumb to the habit of procrastination is a day that pulls you farther and farther from your goals.
3 Anti-Fitness Habits
The following 3 habits will result in weight gain faster than you can say 'anti-fitness habits.' Break these habits quickly.
- Drinking Calories. Soda pop, coffee drinks, smoothies and fruit juices are filled with calories. Since liquids won't give you a 'full' feeling, these drinks slide by without notice of how many extra calories you're getting. Stick with water to avoid extra calories.
- Not Exercising. Skipping the gym day after day, week after week, and month after month will lead to muscle loss and a reduced metabolism. Exercise 3-5 days per week to keep your muscles strong and metabolism high
- Eating a Heavy Dinner. Eating a large heavy dinner sets you up for weight gain. Instead of eating the majority of your calories late in the day, spread it out over the entire day.
Homemade Almond Butter
A spoonful of homemade almond butter on banana is a fantastic pre-workout snack. It’s also delicious added to a protein shake or slathered on sliced apples. By blending your own almond butter at home you’re enjoying pure, unadulterated almonds and sea salt without the added sugars and preservatives found in many store bought brands. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 3 cups roasted, unsalted almonds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until creamy. This can take up to 10 minutes, so when it doubt continue to blend, blend, blend. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 109 calories, 10g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 28mg sodium, 1g sugar, 2g fibre, and 4g protein.
Spread the word.
Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
Office: 0800 9 10 11 90
Direct: 07710 119991
I have always been active and would occasionally visit the gym but I wasn’t seeing any great changes to my body. I booked a free appointment with Gerry for advice. He was very approachable and gave me his view on where I was going wrong. I booked a block of six sessions with him over 12 weeks. My attitude towards diet and exercise has changed a lot. I spend less time in the gym and treat food differently. I am now in the best shape I have been in a very long time. I intend to book another block of sessions and spread them out over the next 6 months. I suggest you book a free appointment and hear what he has to say. Colin Roland
My experience with the PerformancNI personal wellness plan has been enlightening to say the least. I was shocked at the results that subtle changes had made to my body and outlook. The scientific approach was hard for me to get my head around at first but I quickly understood after seeing the changes. Each process was explained to me in great detail all the way through the programme. This gave me comfort and confidence in Gerry’s ability to direct me towards my personal goals. I have increased my hydration, decreased my body fat by ten pounds and increased my lean weight by seven pounds. I’m not eating different foods, just changed how and when I eat my food groups. I would recommend Gerry to anyone who is starting off or like myself has been training for years and wanting to find direction. Maeve McKay
I have been training with Performance NI since August 2015, medical issues in my life made me look at things differently and my doctor advised me to change. So with the help and knowledge of Performance NI I did just that. As with most first meetings I was nervous but was soon put at ease in the relaxing surroundings of Performance NI’s private gym. I was assessed and a plan put together that suited me and a target that we set to get me from just over 18 stone to 14 stone. Gerry has gotten me to within 1 stone off my target in 6 months (February 2016). I have enjoyed all aspects of the training and looking forward to being healthier and fitter. Joseph Kerr
I put my faith in Performance NI before my wedding. I hated the thoughts of going to the gym and needed someone to push me and keep me focused. I booked the one to one 10-week intense course but after speaking to Gerry he suggested that I should involve my two bridesmaids for motivation and support. This worked out cheaper for us all. It was hard work and a couple of times I wanted to give up. The diet wasn’t so bad though. We all got fantastic results over the 10 weeks and my sisters and I are still going every 4 weeks for an update. Mrs. Janet Townsend